Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Wasting time in the fantasy world (repost)



It's always so nice to waste...time.

How ironic, considering that I'm supposed to make full use of my time to study well for my upcoming finals. Instead, I've been lazing around, or rather, too attached to my computer, typing out posts for roleplays, my new hobby. Sigh. Newfound addictions at wrong times are just terrible, disastrous, distracting,....

And so, I've relived my love for writing at inappropriate moments once again. What to do, the urge to write is there and I can't seem to stop it. Urge is far stronger than Logic, so my reasonings lost to my writing desires. Huh. 

I can't figure out the reason why my writing cravings call forth themselves when I am about to sit for my exams. Hmm...is it because part of me had wanted to escape from reality and live in fantasy? It could be possible.



I have always love things to do with fantasy. Books, movies, and now roleplays. Things that might be associated with wizardry, medieval settings, magic and spells, elves, goblins, fairies, dragons, swords, quests, fairy tales, anything out-worldly, unrealistic and not down-to-earth. Imagine if you are in that kind of world. Whoa, things are sure interesting, compared to this mundane world, where things are too practical. Sometimes, it can become too realistic for words that you feel like vanishing from this world and appear anywhere other than there.

Which is why things are made to be balanced in this world. Where you have reality at one hand, you also have fantasy on the other. Reality as in worrying about studies, family, money and relationship problems, and fantasy as in being absorbed into writing and reading fictions, watching fantasy movies and daydreaming. All the while, we have been going in and out of those two worlds unconsciously. Well, at least that's what I think.

Given a choice, I would rather live in fantasy; where dragons roam the lands; the prince ventures out to rescue his beloved princess; magics and spells are common practices; swords, bow and arrows are usual sights; warriors, swordsmen, knights in shining armour, royalties, wizards, magi and other fantasy races are present in the world. Ah, life would be extremely interesting then! I shall have my own dragon, a sword which only I could wield -no- I would rather own a bow and some fine arrows, and...*rants on*
Sigh. See? This is how my time and brain efforts are wasted over thinking such impossible matters, something unrealistic in this oh-so-realistic world. Fine, I guess I have to return back to reality and continue my preparation for my finals. T.T

Seriously, I wish I could live in fantasy and learn magics and.....*rambles on again*

0 comments:

Post a Comment