Tuesday, October 09, 2012

New hobby: Roleplaying! (repost)




Ah, I have found a new hobby a few days ago! It's play-by-post roleplaying!

Initially, I did not know anything about roleplaying. I had thought of it as something to do with dramas and sketches, but no, it wasn't that. My friend told me about it and sent me links to some roleplaying sites to have a clearer picture to what roleplaying is all about. That was how I learnt about the term.

Doing roleplays was something different; it was a whole new experience to me. To those of you who are unaware of it, roleplaying is the act of posing yourself as another character and here in play-by-post roleplays, you assume the role of a character, usually created by you or the Gamemaster, in a particular story or setting. There are two types of roleplays, one-on-one roleplay and group roleplay. In one-on-one, you roleplay with only one person whereas in group roleplay, as the word suggests, you roleplay with a group of people. The Gamemaster, who is the one who gives the idea of a story, will post the story's introduction in a thread started by him or her, and you as one of the characters involved, will post in the thread regarding your character's actions and thoughts in response to the plot of the story. In one-on-one roleplays, the Gamemaster is usually involved actively in the roleplay. In group roleplays, the Gamemaster may or may not be actively involved in roleplaying. Others playing their own characters will post about their respective characters' doings in continuing the story, including you. This will go on and on until the Gamemaster decides to end the roleplay.






Being someone who loves to write, it has become a newfound passion to me. Almost every day, I'll be logging in to the sites and posting up my replies to the roleplay threads I've gotten myself involved in. I found that ever since I have joined the roleplaying community, I have been more confident of my writing skills, partly because I am able to gain instant feedback from other roleplayers about my writing skills, if I ask them that is. This really helps me to improve in my writing, besides having fun unleashing your creativity and imagination as in how you make your character respond to the given situations.

Well, I'm really into roleplaying nowadays. If you are one who loves writing and are now itching for something different, something to express the wilder side of you by letting your creativity and imagination run freely using words, I suggest you to indulge in roleplaying.

*battle cries* HYAAAHHH! Roleplays, here I come! :P

0 comments:

Post a Comment