Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Being considerate (repost)



I feel that most of us need to learn to have consideration for others.

In my daily encounters, there are definitely incidents where people are always thinking of themselves, acting all selfish and whatnot, especially on the road. Just a few days ago, a group of students, all girls, were taking their own sweet time crossing the road, a junction to be exact, while there were two oncoming cars wanting to cross at the junction. I was riding my bicycle, wanting to cross the junction too, but ugh...those girls were chatting and smiling, slowly walking while we were all waiting for them to cross. I wonder why they can't walk a bit faster and think about others who are waiting on them. Just because we notice them and won't ever try to knock them down, that doesn't mean they can do whatever they like, as though they own the road. Can't they just be more considerate towards others?

Sometimes, I just feel...sad, disappointed even. This is not because of my own personal matters, but due to behaviours and attitudes of people today that are no longer taking others into consideration in whatever they do. Too self-centred, I would say. And I put the blame on the parents themselves. I do believe a child's brought-up very much determines the child's way of doing things. Unfortunately, it seems that most parents are not good role models for their children these days, hence the decline in the number of considerate people. What the world is coming to nowadays...looks like this is going to be my favourite quote for the time being.

You might say, "Heh, you talk like you are an angel or something. Are you actually a considerate person yourself?" Well, not that I want to brag how good I am here, but I do practise having consideration for others. I always remind myself that I don't block people's way when I walk. I always try to make sure and constantly remind myself that I don't make others suffer because of my selfish actions. I admit I may not be totally considerate but at least, I tried. The problem is, many do not care enough to think if their actions would make other's situation difficult.

How much does it take to just consider about others for a while? I wonder...

0 comments:

Post a Comment