Lately, I got very frustrated and annoyed by someone whom I've barely known of his background, and this is mainly due to my stupidity.
It all started when I received a private message by an unknown person here on Fanbox, an African guy. Curious, I clicked on it and read just to know that he was searching for a friend who might likely develop into his potential partner. I replied, saying that I can't become someone like this; at the very most, just as an online friend, no more than that. Mistake One: I replied to an unknown online stranger's message. The next day, he said it was okay and that he was looking forward to our friendship. He gave a little introduction about himself: 30 something years old, a person doing some small business, and asked me to do the same. Despite feeling wary of this, I did gave my name as seen on Fanbox, general intro like I'm a student, thinking that this might not bring much harm. Then, he began to give me his IM address, asking me to add him. I didn't though, but instead, I left him mine. Mistake Two: I continued to reply to his private message. Mistake Three: I gave him my MSN address.
Of course, the consequences are mine to bear. At first, it seemed fine and normal when we chatted. However, things became irritating when he began to send me offline chat messages every single day, asking "Hey dear how are you today?", "please reply me soon" and "I miss you", without miss. Hello, it's not as if I'm your girlfriend kay, mister. Stop calling me "dear" as though we've known each other for long. We're not even close to each other at all. Upon my friend's advice, I quickly deleted his contact. Unfortunately, as I'm using the latest Windows Live Messenger, I couldn't block him from sending me daily offline messages, even more so when his IM address is from an external provider. And now, I'm stuck with receiving daily repetitive messages from him until he decides to give up.

In conclusion: NEVER EVER TALK TO STRANGERS. Little did I realise that this advice does not only apply to the strangers you meet face-to-face, but also the unknown people you come across online. Most importantly, NEVER EVER DIVULGE YOUR PERSONAL INFO TO THEM. You'll never know what they might do with those info in their grasps.
Hopefully, none of you will repeat my mistakes. It's never pleasant to have such chat messages bothering you every day, not unless you are talking to your special, loved ones. But then, that African guy is definitely not my cup of coffee. But ugh...I cannot believe I am actually this naive to even think of making online friends like that. >.>

0 comments:
Post a Comment