Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Between the things you have to do and like to do (repost)



I come to love thinking from different perspectives and think about what others' reactions might be most of the time. If I'm feeling happy, what would other people feel? When I'm sad, what about others? When I face a particular situation, I would act this way, but what about others? Would they have taken the same path as I do, or do they have a better solution to solve the problem at hand? What if I view things from another viewpoint altogether?
 


I feel that it's good to explore about other points of view in order to come to a good conclusion on things. At times, when you get yourself into a bad, unfortunate condition, you might be cursing and wondering why that has to happen onto you and not others. Why, of all times when I am in such a good mood? Why, of all times, when I have something important to do? Why? If you were to take a step back and look at your situation from a different angle, you would then realise that things are not as bad as what you first think it to be. No doubt, it may be an unpleasant happening, but others might have gone through an even worse situation compared to yours, and they are able to face it without much grumbling and complaints about their bad luck. 

I've actually gone through a few bad incidents myself, and I realise that my only reaction would be getting upset and wondering why of all people, that would have to befall me. Slowly, after some time pondering about the matter, it finally hits me that I have been self-centred, expecting only the good things to happen to me, which is actually quite impossible in the world. Upon my realisation, I now learn to accept things as it is with a more optimistic outlook. 

No matter how terrible a situation may seem, things would work out one way or another. (:

0 comments:

Post a Comment