Sunday, October 03, 2010

La Corda Doro



I've watched this long long time ago but had forgotten to blog about it. It was the very first anime that caught my eyes in the newspaper. They aired it on Astro Animax channel, but since I did not have Astro, I was unable to watch it.
Hino Kahoko

This anime will appeal to music lovers as the way the characters handle their musical instruments really look and sound wonderful to the eyes and ears. Plus, the boys in La Corda Doro are very cute. *daydreams*

Lili
Here, in the Primo Passo part, the main character is Hino Kahoko, who was not a music student at first. Due to the presence of a fairy named Lili (and Lili is a male for goodness sake...Anata no namae wa Lili desu ka?*gasp*Doushite?Doushite?!), Hino was pulled into the world of music. She suddenly found herself entering a music concour without any musical talent at all. With her magical violin given by Lili and her growing love for music, she managed to perform very well in the concour. However, deep in her heart, she knew this was not her actual ability. Other music students looked down upon her, thinking that she was not fit to learn music at all and scorned her as a newcomer. Hino had to bear all the pressure around and within her and one day, she gave up her violin when three strings of her magical violin broke due to her inner tension. Slowly, she then embraced music back again with the support of the friends she made in the concour: Len Tsukimori , violinist; Ryoutaro Tsuchiura, pianist; Hihara Kazuki , who plays trumpet;  Shimizu Keiji, who plays the cello; Yunoki Azuma, who plays the flute and Fuyuumi Shouko, who plays the baritone. In the end, she managed to start from scratch as a violinist and completed her presentation in the concour. Although she did not win in the concour, she was happy
that she can finally play the violin with her own ability and not relying on magic.

The best part in Primo Passo was the ending part, which ended with the La Corda Boys performing Salute d' Amour to Hino. Ah, so romantic~
 Shimizu Keiji
                                                                                            
Yunoki Azuma
Fuyuumi Shouko

 
                                                
Len Tsukumori
   
Hihara Kazuki
I like the opening theme song, Brand New Breeze. It's nice. Ahem, my favourite characters, mainly the La Corda Boys and Hino! Though I like all the boys, I prefer Hino to be together with Len. They are like a pair from the beginning.

Overall, it was a nice watch for Primo Passo. However, it was not that good for Secondo Passo. Everything was hanging halfway; it seems that it does not matter whether Secondo Passo exists or not, as though a meaningless sequel.

I hope they would continue the series though. I feel there is still potential in continuing the La Corda Doro anime. Hopefully.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah, so many posts about anime :P

Jonietoh said...

Haha,yep.Currently on an anime craze. xP

Post a Comment