Sunday, October 03, 2010

Skip Beat!


If it wasn't for Julia to recommend this title, I would not have heard about it at all. Skip Beat! has an anime and a manga series, but usually I always start off with the animes first, so that I wouldn't be so deeply disappointed with how much details being left out from the manga itself.

Kyoko Mogami
And oh Julia, you are so right that I would enjoy this anime. Although at first glance, I was thinking the drawings or pictures of the three characters in the story, Kyoko Mogami, Ren Tsuruga and Sho Fuwa were kinda overmature (how to describe the drawing???) to my liking and i was wondering why Julia said that there were hot male leads in the story. Even Kyoko looks kinda tough. However, I started to like this anime after watching the first few episodes. And guess what? for the first time in my life, I had actually stayed up till 2am just to finish watching this 25-episode anime, and in the end, I did not exactly get the ending which I had hoped for: I had wanted the 20-year-old Ren to openly confess to the 16-year-old Kyoko that he loves her. Cheh. The ending that I got was just Kyoko waiting for Ren with her prepared bento for him, they smiled and that's it. The end. How frustrating~ (see? that's why I watched the anime first before getting my hands on the manga) 

Sho Fuwa
So, the main character, Kyoko actually wanted to get into the show business in order to take revenge on Sho, her childhood friend whom she loved and treasured the most but ended up knowing that Sho had never shower any feelings for her but just treated her as his maid. She had wanted to get famous and become the top star to beat Sho. When applying to get into a showbiz company, LME, she met Ren, the star of the company, who was also the person Sho had tried to snatch the top star position. Kyoko and Ren's relationship wasn't that good at first when ren got to know that Kyoko's main reason for joining showbiz was just for revenge. Later in the story, though Kyoko had failed in the company's audition, the company's president looked up upon her as a possible potential and therefore, placed her in a new section called Love Me section, where Kyoko had to work hard to get everyone to love her as a star. Soon, Kyoko who was unable to open her heart to anyone else after dumping Sho, started to learn to love again after undertaking various jobs and tasks given to the Love Me section. She made a new friend, Kanae Kotonami, whom Kyoko affectionately called her Moko-chan, and both of them became best friends in the Love Me section. Basically, the story is about how Kyoko fares in the world of showbiz and her various plans on getting her revenge but in the end, in the anime, the revenge part vanished, and even the romance part between Kyoko and Ren was left hanging. Uh.
Ren Tsuruga

Ren Tsuruga...see?This is what I meant about mantou faces

Anyways, the anime does have a lot of funny parts, usually to do with Kyoko's depression and anger, making her emitting an evil, dark aura to those around her, with sinister looks and smiles. When she's angry because she remembered about Sho, there's the devils and angels around her debating whether she should keep control of her emotions or unleash her fury and launch her dark, evil plans. I find it cute when the mature and serious faces of Ren and Sho and other side characters look like mantous (or pows). Hee~

Well, my favourite character this time would be Ren Tsuruga. I find him to be a nice and mature guy, as compared to Sho. Of course, Ren is perfect together with Kyoko. If only...if only...if only they made it clearly that Ren and Kyoko are together, maybe by just simple words, sentences,
Kanae Kotonami
hugs? Uh,grrr.

Sho Fuwa













 Overall, it was an enjoyable anime. But I bet the manga is way much better.

Kyoko Mogami
Ren Tsuruga
LME's President,Lory Takarada






0 comments:

Post a Comment