Thursday, October 14, 2010

Idling away time...

Once I start something, it's quite hard to stop.

The above statement only applies to certain stuff, and obviously, studying and revising do not fall in this category. What I meant is things like watching animes, reading, facebooking and ahah, daydreaming.

The thing is, I've been crazy over animes for the past few weeks. Been watching shows like Full Moon wo Sagashite, UFO Baby, Ouran High School Host Club and Skip Beat! continuously without ever thinking of stopping. And it's definitely bad, although it helps me to keep my brain from being stressed and bored. Somehow, I'll become a little useless, only responding to hunger, sleep; other than that, my butt will be stuck on the chair, viewing the animes. All the necessary work to be done becomes unnecessary. And the unnecessary activities become of primary importance.

How ironical, though I keep reminding myself at a tiny corner of my brain that I should concentrate more on my studies rather than wasting my time on anime watching and facebooking, I'm still more happy to waste time, like trying to cheat myself out of reality. The bigger portion of my brain prefers to ignore the tiny part's advice and suppresses it with the thought of procrastination. "There's still time to finish the tutorial questions. Let's continue this anime episode first and oh yes, the Farmville harvest is still waiting," says the bigger brain portion. "If you say so," says the tiny part almost in a whisper. Sigh~

Am I under an idling-away-time spell in a world of my own? If so, can someone help me break it and pull me back to the track of reality? Well, well, I'm just asking a silly question which I've already known the answer. The key lies in me, eh?

GAHHHHHH~ *bangs head into the wall*

0 comments:

Post a Comment