I feel that nowadays,almost everyone is taking things for granted.
Take my little brother for example.Whenever we ask from him a small favour,he tends to grumble a lot.However,if we were to perform favours to him,it seems that we are suppose to do them for him.See?Isn't he taking things for granted?(in this case,favours)
Well,this kind of scene is not only happening in my family,it happens everywhere.Ever gone through the times where you ask your friends to help you in doing something,but at the end of the day,nothing has been done?In the end,you are the one completing the tasks given to your friends.Your friends do not even feel like giving a helping hand,regard those tasks as troublesome and give you 'this-is-not-my-job-why-don't-you-call-someone-else-to-do-it? look'.And you are the one who has take the effort,the initiative and the time to do the required tasks at hand.Your friends take things for granted.They think that the given work are not in their range of duties so they think that they do not have to do them at all.They don't even have the initiative to help in and they expect someone else to do it because those jobs are not their jobs.Pretty calculative,aren't they?
I have gone through this kind of thing over and over again but in the end,I tell myself not to bother about these people and do whatever I feel and think is right.I can't exactly teach these people to do more instead of less because who am I to correct them?Even if I do tell them,they may just listen with one ear and throw my words away with the other ear (literal translation from Hokkien words).
What a sad,sad world.People are losing their initiatives nowadays.
Another sigh.
Monday, May 03, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment